Finnish player santa4e overcame massive blinds and a generally stop-go final table to claim $60,000 for an outright first place finish in the October 19 edition of the Party Poker $300,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool No Limit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament.
Here are the rest of the top ten finishers, their respective countries of origin and prize monies (all dollar values are in USD.)
1. santa4e / Finland / $60,000
2. luckyvenus / Norway / $33,000
3. Taskekrabben / Norway / $20,700
4. Schelmy / Germany / $16,350
5. awojj / Belgium / $13,800
6. ReRaiseYrMom / Germany / $10,350
7. Turbowurst / Germany / $7,950
8. ExaMeter / Germany / $5,250
9. QUANTUM321 / United Kingdom / $4,050
10. thijsie444 / Netherlands / $2,850
1,457 entrants made up the October 19 $200 + $15 buy-in tournament, meaning that for the 35th consecutive week, Party Poker has had to pony up an overlay of more than $20,000 to meet its $300,000 guarantee.
This was the most stilted of recent Party Poker 300K final tables, with only 3 flops seen without a player all-in in 79 total non-Heads up hands. With seven players remaining and the monumental blinds approaching the 50,000 / 100,000 level (7,285,000 total chips in play,) 6 of the 7 stood for a deal. But eventual second place finisher luckyvenus tacitly declined, opting instead to play it out, possibly costing himself more than $15,000 in the process.
For a complete analysis of the October 19 Party Poker 300K follow this link: Second Guesses