PokerStars is making the news often these days, and they are all good news: the was dropped, the were announced, and the Sunday Million guaranteed became the Sunday $1.5 million guaranteed. But there are more PokerStars good news, as they just announced increases on eight more tourneys.
Business must be going really well at PokerStars, since they are willing to guarantee $905,000 on top of their already busy million-dollar guaranteed schedule – without counting the 50% to the Sunday million, the guaranteed schedule has very nearly doubled up.
The biggest hop seems to be on the prize pool for the $109 Rebuy No-Limit Hold'em, which has gone from a $70,000 guarantee to an incredible $300,000, along with the $530 No-Limit Hold'em which has doubled its guarantee from $250,000 to a cool half million. There is also a new guaranteed tournament: the Sunday night $109 Rebuy No-Limit Hold'em will now never have a prize pool of less than $150,000.
Here is a detailed list of the Tuesday and Sunday events with all the new and improved guarantees.
- Super Tuesday: From $300 000 to $400 000
- 14:00 $109 Rebuy No-Limit Hold'emfrom $70 000 to $300 000
- 15:00Daily Eighty Grandfrom $80 000 to $125 000
- 17:00$55 No-Limit Hold'emfrom $50 000 to $80 000
- 17:30$530 No-Limit Hold'emfrom $250 000 to $500 000
- 19:00$109 No-Limit Hold'emfrom $50 000 to $100 000
- 19:30$109 Rebuy No-Limit Hold'emnew guaranteed $150 000
- 21:00$215 Rebuy No-Limit Hold'emfrom $200 000 to $250 000
According to PokerStars sources, another raise in guarantees and prize pools is not out of the question in the near future. We will keep you updated of any new developments in this respect.