The folks at NBC recently announced that its popular poker show, Poker After Dark, will have its third host in four seasons, as Leeann Tweeden takes over for the show’s fourth go-round.Now they have also been so kind as to give us a taste as to what else is in store for fans of the show now that season four just finished filming this month.
In addition to the beautiful new hostess, several additions and changes will be made to Poker After Dark, including:
- Twenty-one new players, bringing the total number of players who have been featured on the program to ninety-three.
- One week will showcase the four National Heads-Up Poker Champions – Phil Hellmuth, Ted Forrest, Paul Wasicka, and Chris Ferguson – in a double-elimination heads-up competition.
- Rather than tournament play, two weeks will consist of a $200/$400 no-limit Hold’em cash game.Familiar faces such as Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson, Patrik Antonius, and Eli Elezra, among others, will participate.
- “Brilliant Minds” theme, featuring math whizzes Bill Chen, Chris Ferguson, Brandon Adams, Jimmy Warren, David Sklansky and Andy Bloch.
- “Nets versus Vets” theme, which will three “old school” players – Brunson, Huck Seed, and Johnny Chan – and three “new school” internet pros: Tom “durrrr” Dwan, Brian “sbrugby” Townsend, and Andrew “good2cu” Robl.
While the actual programming schedule for Poker After Dark’s season four has not been determined, the season will begin airing the week of July 14 on NBC.