The OlyBet Kings of Tallinn poker tournament is returning to the Olympic Park Casino and the Hilton Tallinn Park in Estonia. The popular poker tournament will run from February 18 – 24 and marks the poker festival fifth anniversary. This year’s poker tournament will have as many as 40 events featuring a wide range of buy-ins.
Launched in 2015, Kings of Tallinn has become the biggest poker festival in Northern Europe, drawing players throughout the continent, especially from the Baltic and Nordic nations. The festival was co-founded by tournament director Teresa Nousiainen and Olympic Casino Deputy Manager Risto Suurpold.
Since it debuted five years ago, Kings of Tallinn has continued to grow, with the demand becoming bigger each year. In 2015, its Main Event featured a total prize pool of €137,200. Last year, it grew to €254,600. Tournament organizers expect a bigger and better stop in 2019.
Main Event Details
The highlight of the festival is the €1,100 Main Event which is set to take place from February 21 – 24. There will only be one opening day but it will have unlimited reentries until the first blind level on Day 2 concludes. Players will have 30,000 in starting chips and blinds will increase each hour from start to finish.
Those who are unable to watch the action in person can still do so in front of their monitors as the Kings of Tallinn team will livestream the Main Event’s final two days.
Juha Helppi of Finland bested 268 entries to capture the 2018 Kings of Tallinn Main Event for €62,000. He also managed to finish big in other high-value events across the tournament, earning him six-digit scores. Arto Ilmari Loikkanen, also from Finland, was the 2018 Main Event runner up. He took home €41,000.
Helppi has confirmed that he will be back at the festival this year to defend his title.
2019 Events and Schedule
The festival’s fifth edition will feature 40 events spread across seven days. It kicks off on February 18 with a Freebuy Hyper Turbo Satellite to the Main Event. Also on the same day, a €50 + 10 Mega Satellite to the Kings of Tallinn will take place.
Four events will run on Feb 19, which include a €10 One Chip Flips to The Celebrity Special, €100 + 10 No Limit Hold’em – Celebrity Special Deepstack, €300 + 30 No Limit Hold’em – Turbo Championship and a €50 + 10 Hyper Satellite.
Among other events slated for this year is the €500 + 50 No Limit Hold’em – The Kings of Tallinn €550 Championship on Feb 20, a €300 + 30 buy-in 5 Card Pot Limit Omaha – Turbo 6 Handed taking place on Feb 21, €175 + 10 No Limit Hold’em – Hyper Turbo Bounty (Feb 21), €200 + 20 Pot Limit Omaha Fusion (Feb 22), €150 + 10 No Limit Hold’em Bounty (Feb 22), and a €500 + 50 No Limit Hold’em 6 Handed also taking place on Feb 22.
On February 23, Kings of Tallinn will also host a €3000 buy-in No Limit Hold’em High Roller which is expected to attract big names such as Anton Wigg, Ilari Ziigmund Sahamies and Patrik Antonius. Last year, Ellis Parssinen won the Kings of Tallinn High Roller for €41,100.
All of the events will follow current TDA rules, with the hold’em events adopting the big blind ante structure.
Team Challenge + Online Satellites
A Team Challenge will also take place throughout the tournament. The winner will be determined by the number of points each team has earned by cashing in events. The winning team gets 75 percent of the Team Challenge pool, while the runner-up team walks away with the remaining 25 percent. All members of the winning team will also be awarded with a €550 seat to this year’s Battle of Malta Main Event.
Olybet Poker is also running online satellites throughout the festival, with buy-ins ranging from as low as €0.01 to as high as €500. Players at Olybet Poker can also enter into Kings of Tallinn events by using their online balances.
Last year, the Kings of Tallinn poker tournament attracted 1,000 unique players and sold 3500 tournament tickets. To find out more information, please check out the OlyBet website.

This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.