Kenney and Nagy to Play Coin Rivet High Roller
Triton is known for hosting some of the biggest poker tournaments in the world. By biggest, we mean with the largest buy-ins. The latest series will be the Triton Super High Roller Series Cyprus 2022, set to take place at the Merit Royal Diamond Hotel on Cyprus September 5-19.
There are 14 tournaments in the series, all pretty straightforward:
- Event 1 (Sept 5-6): $25K NLHE 8-Handed
- Event 2 (Sept 6-7): $30K NLHE 6-Handed
- Event 3 (Sept 7-8): $50K NLHE 6-Handed
- Event 4: not listed
- Event 5 (Sept 8-9): $75K NLHE 8-Handed
- Event 6 (Sept 10-12): $200K NLHE Coin Rivet Invitational
- Event 7 (Sept 11-12): $25K PLO
- Event 8 (Sept 12-13): $100K NLHE Main Event
- Event 9 (Sept 13): $50K NLHE 8-Handed Turbo
- Event 10 (Sept 14-15): $30K Short Deck Ante-Only
- Event 11 (Sept 15-16): $40K Short Deck Ante Only (1 bullet)
- Event 12 (Sept 16-17): $50K Short Deck Ante Only (1 bullet)
- Event 13 (Sept 17-19): $100K Short Deck Main Event
- Event 14 (Sept 18-19): $25K Short Deck Ante Only
- Event 15 (Sept 10-11): $20K NLHE 8-Handed
Coin Rivet Invitational
Event 6 on the list is a special one. It is the highest buy-in at $200K and has a different setup than most Triton Poker tournaments.
The way it works is that any recreational player who wants to compete must invite a professional player. If there is any ambiguity about which players are pros and which are recs, a committee consisting of Paul Phua, Rob Yong, and Jason Koon make the decision
The tournament is capped at 64 players in total. The 32 pros play one part of the tournament, and the 32 recreational players compete against each other. When Day 1 is complete for all, the survivors will all play on Day 2 and onward.
The list of players and corresponding businesspeople so far consists of the following:
- Paul Phau invited Phil Ivey
- Tony G invited Laszlo Bujtas
- Bobby Baldwin invited Ben Lamb
- Wai Kin Yong invited Linus Loeliger
- Ivan Leow invited Michael Addamo
- Sosia Jiang invited Jason Koon
- Phachara Wongwichit invited Mikita Badziakouski
- Zhenglong Zhou invited Stephen Chidwick
- Ramin Hajiyev invited Matthias Eibenger
- Mikalai Vaskaboinikau invited Wiktor Malinowski
- Philip Sternheimer invited Adrian Mateos
- Ashkan Fattahi invited Albert Daher
- David Nicholson invited Sam Grafton
- Elton Tsang invited Mustapha Kanit
- David Einhorn invited Fedor Holz
- Paul Newey invited Steve O’Dwyer
- Eric Worre invited Seth Davies
- Jean-Noel Thorel invited Erik Seidel
- Morten Klein invited Nick Petrangelo
- Rob Yong invited Espen Jorstad
- Punnat Punsri invited Danny Tang
- Karl Chappe-Gatien invited Rui Cao
- Santhosh Survarna invted Patrik Antonius
- Sam Miller invited Michael Zhang
- Scott Ball invited Chris Brewer
- Kannapong Thanarattrakul invited Isaac Haxton
- Johan Guilbert invited Aleksejs Ponakovs
- Andrew Pantling invited Sam Greenwood
- Phil Nagy invited Ebony Kenney
- Hassan Nashar invited Artus Martisosian
- Leon Tsoukernik invited Elky Grospellier
- Sinan Unlu invited David Peters
There are still several spaces open.
Where are the Women?
Of the names listed thus far, only one recreational player – Sosia Jiang – is a woman.
Of the invited professional player, only one is a woman – Ebony Kenney. Winning Poker Network owner Phil Nagy invited Kenney, a team pro who represents WPN site Americas Cardroom.
Kenney has played poker professionally for years and has accumulated more than $412K in prize money in live events alone. In the online poker space, she has earned more than $51K. Interestingly, her usual buy-ins range from $200 to $1,500, mostly somewhere in the middle of that range. Occasionally, she will play a $3K or $5K buy-in World Poker Tour event or the $10K buy-in Main Event.
The Coin Rivet Invitational will be her largest buy-in event by far. Nagy has not played high rollers in the past, either. Rob Yong also noted that Kenney is probably the youngest woman to ever play a $200K buy-in.
Huge news! Our @WPN_CEO Phil Nagy and ACR Pro @Ebony_Kenney will be attending the Coin Rivet Invitational from September 10th-12th at the Merit Royal Diamond in North Cyprus. Check it out:@tritonpoker https://t.co/kHfSWLg3C2
— Americas Cardroom (@ACR_POKER) August 24, 2022
Kenney decided to take her two children with her, along with one of her closest friends. She has been noting on social media that this will be one of the greatest experiences of her life, and she is anxious to share it with people she loves.
On a plane to Cyprus w/my two kids & one of my closest friends.
Getting to have one of the greatest & most unique experiences of my life is a million times sweeter bc I am w/my people.
Grateful is a massive understatement.
💜💕✨🥺🥰🙏🏽✨@ACR_POKER @tritonpoker @ChipLDR
— Ebony Kenney | Poker & Purposeful Pleasure (@Ebony_Kenney) August 28, 2022