After halting what could have been a monumental collapse with 7 straight hands won during Heads Up play, Canadian player fantomas_1 capped an otherwise strong performance with an outright victory and $60,000 USD in the October 5 Party Poker $300,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool No Limit Texas Hold’em tournament.
Here are the rest of the top ten finishers, their respective countries of origin and prize monies (all dollar values are in USD.)
1. fantomas_1 / Canada / $60,000
2. baby_fish111 / Germany / $33,000
3. BenDuj / Belgium / $20,700
4. ghmac / Canada / $16,350
5. CatenaccioMS / Germany / $13,800
6. poop_dollars / Canada / $10,350
7. Sergey_zubr / Russian Federation / $7,950
8. Sosnoviy / Russian Federation / $5,250
9. youPAYmyBILZ / Norway / $4,050
10. chinagirl111 / Sweden / $2,850
1,431 players comprised the October 5 $200 + $15 buy-in tournament field, meaning that Party Poker was forced to shell out a 5 figure overlay in its biggest regular tournament yet again.
With blinds beginning at 20,000 / 40,000 + 1,000 antes (and escalating to 30,000 / 60,000 +1.5K only 3 minutesafter the final table began) much of final table play was uneven – lots of all-ins and a few particularly nasty bad beats stemming from the pressure of the massive blinds. For a complete analysis of the October 5, Party Poker 300K follow this link: Second Guesses