The U.S. House Financial Services Committee will be holding a hearing on Friday, June 8 at 10:00am entitled, “Can Internet Gambling Be Effectively Regulated to Protect Consumers and the Payments System?”Rep. Barney Frank (D – Mass.), who introduced the Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act of 2007 in April, was the one to spearhead the hearing. Participants in the hearing include:
- Howard Lederer, Professional Poker Player and Poker Industry Software Consultant
- Radley Balko, Senior Editor, Reason Magazine
- Jon Prideaux, Chief Executive, Asterion Payments
- Gerald Kitchen, Chief Executive Officer, SecureTrading Ltd
- Pastor Greg Hogan (his son was arrested for robbing a bank when he lost $8,000 gambling online)
As one would guess from the name of the hearing, its purpose will be to discuss issues surrounding internet gambling security.
For those who would like to watch the hearing, go to the following link: