There are thousands of online slot titles available and it can be very difficult for a player to decide which are the best slots that they should spend their time playing. There are different ways to judge whether a slot game is up to par, one of which is sheer popularity. While there is a certain element of excitement in browsing and hunting for the best slots to play, we decided to make it a little easier.
We did our research and put together our list of the 20 most popular online slot games in 2018 (with no order of preference). We take a look at the first 10 slot games in Part 1:
- Around The World in 80 Spins: This Playtika slot doesn’t only win the title pun contest with its referential name to a Jules Verne classic. The mobile slot is also a winner in terms of being immersive for a video game slot. It’s not only dedicated to its 5-reel, 3-row, 20-payline gameplay It also commits to the theme, set in a time in the 19th Century when airplanes haven’t been invented yet.
- Amazing Aztecs: This Microgaming slot title is based around the Aztecs. It is one of the most common themes next to Egyptian slots so it doesn’t exactly cover new ground. However, it’s popularity cane be explained by its 96.03 RTP with bets ranging from 0.10 and 100 as well as being one of the most beautiful Aztec-themed slots around. Even though it’s not unique thematically, it still has a loyal following of slot players.
- Esqueleto Mariachi: Esqueleto Mariachi by Red Tiger Gaming has earned its spot on the list. When you play this slot, you will see that its mix of vivid Mexican-themed animations celebrating Dias delos Meurtos on a 5-reel, 40-payline title with bonuses like the Mariachi Free Spins, the Guitarrista that produces Wilds, the Trompetista that blasts symbols away, and the Maraquero that nudges reels to form winning combos.
- Bloody Wins: Although the Playtika title suggests a fighting game instead of a slot machine game, Bloody Wins is a 5-reel, 3-row, and 40-payline kind of game with a skull-bat sculpture Scatter symbol that offers you up to 33 free spins. The horror theme feel is more akin to Monster High than the classic Dracula films, but the mascot-like characters are nonetheless appealing enough to land a top spot on this list.
- Arabian Tales: Rival Software’s Arabian Tales has turned out to be one of the most popular slot games in 2018. This 5-reel, 50-payline video slot epitomizes richness and opulence and harkens back to popular Arabian themes such as Aladdin or Sinbad the Sailor. The hot new title also has the Wild symbol of a Magic Lamp wherein any win with it will get a 2x multiplier. The Sultan serves as the Jackpot symbol as well.
- Ogre Empire: Ogre Empire by Betsoft is a decent 5-reel, 25-payline game filled with ogres terrorizing villagers that you have to stop by winning those combos. It even has a Day and Night system you have to watch out for that makes from some hot gameplay. At night, the ogres are the strongest and you’re more at the mercy of the RNG.
- Wild Wheel: Big Money: Wild Wheel: Big Money by Push Gaming is a slot that goes back to classic slots of yore with 96.98% RTP. The 5-reel, 20-payline slot machine video game offers a non-progressive jackpot of 3,000 coins, a bet range from 0.20 to 100 coins, and a straightforward game show style theme that isn’t fancy but works well enough to cater to the hardcore slot lovers.
- Upgradium: The best way to describe Upgradium by Playtech is that it’s a futuristic title. The 5-reel, 25-payline slot has become quite popular because of its mesmerizing use of vector graphics and polygonal that’s reminiscent of movies like Tron or upcoming videogames like The Tetris Effect that adds a lot to its utilitarian gameplay with a 95.07% RTP.
- When Pigs Fly: When Pigs Fly by NetEnt pushes the idiom as a slot concept to the extreme, resulting in a pun-filled visual assault stretching the thematic limits of pigs to absurdist lengths. The 5-reel game with 3,125 ways to win features a pig astronaut who’s about to fly in space, of all things. The slot itself is pretty decent enough to end up on this top 10 list, with a sense of humor that matches its jaded sardonic audience of gamblers.
- Arctic Tiger: Arctic Tiger made the 2018 list because its mobile app translation is a picture perfect translation of its original PC browser version. The graphics are vivid, the tiger mascot is menacingly majestic, and the slot gameplay itself filled with exciting twists and turns that rewards you generously with countless opportunities to win and a massive bonus of free coins or mercilessly with you losing everything.
In Part 2, we take a look at the most popular online slots from 11 to 20.